I saw this tag on Frida’s blog and even though she didn’t tag me… I really wanted to do this so, here we go…
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Oh, yes. I suffer from motion sickness.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Of the recent authors I’ve read, I really thought that Peadar O’Guilin’s writing style was completely unique because of his ability to bring scenes as grim as the ones in this book to life. I have discussed his writing style in this book in-depth in my review.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
This is a crime, right here. One just can’t put these two series in the same sentence.
Nevertheless, my three reasons for choosing harry potter are…
a) Better characterization
b) Better writing
c) Better conclusion
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books…)?
I don’t carry a book bag. I just carry one book in my regular college bag every single day.
5. Do you smell your books?
I’m human. So, of course.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without. I don’t like illustrators messing with my imagination.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
All the Twilight Saga books except the first one. I really enjoyed that one book.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Well, I don’t know if it’s funny but I don’t remember 90% of the books I read before I turned 14. I read so many books during that time that I can’t even remember the names for the life of me. I used to visit my local library once or twice a week and take 4-5 books home every single time. Every time I flip through my old journals… I find my younger self, reviewing books I have no memory of having read.
For example, I read all the Dan Brown books during that time and I only remember the plot of The Da Vinci Code because:
a) I thought it was all based on ancient Christian facts/conspiracy theories
(I was an 11-year-old Hindu.)
b) I watched the movie a couple of years ago.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, 59 pages (Because charity). I skimmed through this book and really enjoyed the little notes left by Ron, Harry, and Hermione.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. No, I haven’t read it.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Oh, goodness. I do write but none of it is public. Maybe I could become an author if I’m brave enough. Only time shall reveal.
12. When did you get into reading?
I don’t even remember. The first time that I actively searched for new books to read was when I was in 2nd standard. So, it goes way back.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
I haven’t read any classic novels lately but the last one that I really enjoyed was Gulliver’s Travels.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Well, English was the kind of subject that I never really had to study for but Computer Science was my favorite because of how challenging it was.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated… What would you do?
Host a giveaway on my Instagram.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Vampire Academy!
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I swear a lot and use shit tons of GIFs instead of words.
18. What is your favorite word?
Quite. I don’t know why but I use it quite a lot. I probably subconsciously think it’s fancy or something.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Well, neither. I’m a social butterfly.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I’m kind of over my Vampire phase but I was never really into fairies so I guess I’ll pick vampires.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters! Who wants to be a fairy when you can look like Gigi Hadid at any given time?
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. Werewolves kind of stink and their powers really aren’t quite as cool to make up for it. At least they are alive, if you prefer that kind of shit. winkwink
23. Zombies or vampires?
I would prefer being a vampire for sure but I like watching Zombies on TV. Also, vampires are kind of irrelevant so… Zombies.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Love triangles are so overrated right now and forbidden love used to be overrated before that. So, I’ll pick forbidden love because I haven’t read one of those in a while.
25. Lastly: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
I haven’t read a lot of full on romance novels and the ones that I did read were extremely boring. Maybe there are really good ones out there but I am yet to come across one of those. Therefore, I’m picking action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in.
I had a lot of fun answering these questions and now I’d like to tag all my readers and anybody else who’s willing to participate. Tag me in your posts or leave their links in the comment section. I would love to read your answers!
Also, happy valentine’s week to all you love birds out there!