When you read a book for the first time, there are always certain things that stand out. Certain things that you remember the book by. It can be a cover, character(s) or the setting. For a lot of people, it’s quotes.
So here is a collection of 10 random book defining quotes that every reader must know:
1. “The world is not a wish granting factory.” – John Green from The Fault In Our Stars
We’re talking about good quotes so how can we ignore The Fault In our Stars?
Everybody knows about the heartbreaking story of two star crossed lovers who meet at a cancer support center aka the literal heart of Jesus.
John Green delivers one good quote after another in this book.
2. “In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank from The Diary of a Young Girl.
We can all learn from Anne Frank that no matter how rough things get, we must always remember the good.
3. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” – Stephen Chbosky from The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Need I say anything? This is one of the best quotes I’ve ever read.
4. “Bran thought about it.”Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?” “That’s the only time a man can be brave,” His father told him.” – George R.R. Martin from Game of Thrones
And sooner than you would expect, Ned Stark got to be brave as well.
5. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – John Green from Paper Towns
One for the wanderer in all of us.
6. “You doubt your value. Don’t run from who you are.” – C.S. Lewis from The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
If anybody can make you realize your hidden potential, it’s Aslan.
7. “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” – George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
Tyrion is my favorite character from A Song Of Ice And Fire. This is one of the many reasons why…
8. “”How do you spell ‘love’? – Piglet. “You don’t spell it. You feel it.” – Pooh.” – A.A. Milne from Winnie the Pooh
Your first lesson in love.
9. “I can survive well enough on my own – if given the proper reading materials.” – Sarah J. Maas from Throne Of Glass.
Me too, Celaena. Me too.
10. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” – J.K. Rowling from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
This very important childhood lesson about friendship and bravery…
That’s all I have for you today. I plan on doing these a lot so let me know how you like this. If you have any quotes that you would like to share, leave them in the comment section. Feel free to leave your thoughts and suggestions as well.
Image courtesy : pinterest.com
I don’t own anything.
Spread the love: